You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-14 17:24:03

Fraodtopppppyes

Pacstrap fail - "signature from <maintainer> is unknown trust"

Hi, I'm new to Arch Linux and I'm trying to install it on an old Pentium 4 computer (512 MB of RAM) in order to revive it.
I've gone through all the initial steps on the Arch Wiki Installation Guide successfully. I should say that the way I get Internet access is through an Ethernet cable which I connected to my laptop (which runs Ubuntu and I set up my laptop to share ). I expected to have to something in order to connect to the Internet but I pinged a website and it worked successfully.

However, when I tried to run pacstrap base linux linux-firmware, I got errors saying the signatures were corrupted.
I tried repopulating and refreshing keys but to no avail. I also read the other posts that dealed with this kind of issue on this forum and followed their suggestion but I couldn't get it to work.

Does anyone have any clue as to how to solve this?

PS: timedatectl status says that the system clock is synchronized and the NTP service is active. It also says
RTC in local TZ: no

#2 2020-03-14 21:07:48

levi

Re: Pacstrap fail - "signature from <maintainer> is unknown trust"

Firstly, what iso are you using to boot from?  Newer isos should have less of these problems.  And what exactly did you do when you say you were 'repopulating and refreshing keys'.

It seems right to me that you don't want your RTC (real time clock) to be running at the local TZ (time-zome).  That's a hack you need to do if you're dual booting with windows, but the more normal thing to do is to have your RTC in UTC (universal time code also known as Greenwich mean time) and set an offset by setting your local TZ.

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

#3 2020-03-14 23:59:18

Fraodtopppppyes

I used the 2020.03.01 i686 iso for which there's a magnet link on https://www.archlinux32.org/download

As far as the commands I used are concerned, I ran
pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring
pacman-key --populate archlinux
pacman-key --refresh-keys

#4 2020-03-15 01:53:05

levi

Hmm, that seems to cover all the bases, although I think to update the keyring package you need archlinux32-keyring not archlinux-keyring.  That's the only think I can thing of at present mind you.

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

Board footer