You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-07 05:05:51

levi

xscreensaver 6.00

Thanks for the upgrade to xscreensaver 6.00.  It's finally got rid of the font errors that appear every time I unlock my screen.

The only weird things about it are:
(a) it reports the time in 12-hour format but without an AM/PM indicator.  Mostly resolvable by looking out of the window and observing if it's dark or not yet, but it is unusual.
(b) It says 'English (US)' on my system.  I'm not sure what this is referring to, it's not my locales which are en-GB and bits of en-DK.  Perhaps it's my keyboard layout which even though this keyboard has UK symbols on it I'm running in US layout so that I can get pipe by just pressing shift+\ (labelled # on this keyboard) rather than having to three finger fn+shift+z to get it.
(c) When I'm watching a video under vlc my monitor powers down after 10 minutes of keyboard inactivity.  It doesn't seem to be doing the screensaver thing which on my system is just blank the screen, but with a fade out of 1s, it just DPMS powers the screen off.  Under the old version of xscreensaver whatever command vlc issues to disable the screensaver also disables the DPMS power settings, but that seems to have changed.

Of these only the last actually impacts me materially, but at least it doesn't lock the screen so a simple mouse wobble brings the video back.  I'd still be interested to understand the former issues better, and perhaps I can configure them somehow.

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

Board footer