You are not logged in.

#1 2023-11-27 01:55:54

zbysiu3cytryny

Dependency error with xfce4-terminal or terminal-based application

I had a problem with xfce4-terminal, because at graphical interface, when I tried to open it, didn't work and throw error:

Input/output error 

But when I tried opening it at console mode it shows:

xfce4-terminal: error while loading shared libraries: libicuuc.so.72: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 

I think package sh requires icu72 to work, and that's why I had this type of error.
Goodnight! :>

Last edited by zbysiu3cytryny (2023-11-27 02:00:11)

#2 2024-01-30 03:00:01

Eirikr1848

Re: Dependency error with xfce4-terminal or terminal-based application

zbysiu3cytryny wrote:

I had a problem with xfce4-terminal, because at graphical interface, when I tried to open it, didn't work and throw error:

Input/output error 

But when I tried opening it at console mode it shows:

xfce4-terminal: error while loading shared libraries: libicuuc.so.72: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 

I think package sh requires icu72 to work, and that's why I had this type of error.
Goodnight! :>

Did you have any luck after installing icu72?

When I had that around the same time I dropped into TTY (CTRL+ALT+F2 or F3, etc) and installed xterm and rebooted. Yey I had a terminal in the GUI. Then I decided I wanted Tilix anyway so installed that. But yeah, had both.

#3 2024-02-24 13:13:35

zbysiu3cytryny

Re: Dependency error with xfce4-terminal or terminal-based application

Eirikr1848 wrote:

Did you have any luck after installing icu72?

When I had that around the same time I dropped into TTY (CTRL+ALT+F2 or F3, etc) and installed xterm and rebooted. Yey I had a terminal in the GUI. Then I decided I wanted Tilix anyway so installed that. But yeah, had both.

I was able to successfully run xfce4-terminal after installing icu72, so installing a package was a solution :>

Board footer