You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-03 23:48:35

WyRe

Several Issues along the install process

I've just installed Archlinux32, I've noticed the following issues:

• Corrupted console text
    This apparent widely known issue. Which I think you should be fix from grub-bios repos package.

• Issue with vconsole.conf
    I've noticed that vconsole.conf file is not loaded from system startup, this is causing KEYMAP=es is not setup and I need to run loadkeys es every time I start the system to get my keyboard layout in tty. I've solved this adding keymap to HOOKS line in mkinitcpio.conf file.

• bash-completion is partially working
    I've installed bash-completion package, but I'm not getting the expected behavior, for instance with pacman, I cannot get that tab completion to install packages with pacman, despite of I've the following output of pacman -Ql | grep -i completion:

pacman /usr/share/bash-completion/
    pacman /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/
    pacman /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/makepkg
    pacman /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/pacman
    pacman /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/pacman-key

I've tried report them in Archlinux Bugs site but I couldn't do it.

Thank you for your help and you've got a little spam into this subforum, take care of that. ;-)

Last edited by WyRe (2018-03-03 23:55:37)

#2 2018-03-04 09:20:07

andreas_baumann
Administrator
Website

Re: Several Issues along the install process

Thanks for your detailed feedback. :-)

On the keyboard map issue, see https://bbs.archlinux32.org/viewtopic.php?id=506.

Bugreporting is not autoamtically open, you have to register and one of the moderators has to give you
access. We don't want the bug reporting system to be spamed as the forum is currently. :-)

#3 2018-03-11 23:39:08

WyRe

Re: Several Issues along the install process

Well, I'm registered, so I would like to have the possibility to publish bugs, bash-completion for instance. Where should I ask for this?

Thank you all.

Board footer