You are not logged in.

#26 2018-08-25 23:16:08

bulletmark

Re: Ran system upgrade, getting "version `GLIBC_2.28' not found" errors

Just to follow up here after my posts above, this week I went and checked the notebook which failed to reboot after the update and found it was starting grub but failing immediately thereafter in very early boot. After the grub display the screen just immediately went black and froze. So definitely the bad glibc 2.28 update resulted in an unbootable system for me, as also reported here.

Note levi, the notebook never had a battery installed and mains power had been switched off for over a day before I got to it so it was definitely not fixed by a "cold boot". Since the notebook had a bit of a flaky display we procured another old notebook on which I installed Arch 32 + the custom app and put that system back in service.

Last edited by bulletmark (2018-08-25 23:17:33)

#27 2018-08-26 03:37:35

levi

If there was no output, it sounds to me like the initial ramdisk was scrambled somehow.  Who knows for sure though, and I'm glad you've found a way forward and haven't been put off using arch32 too badly yet!

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

#28 2018-08-26 03:40:47

bulletmark

levi wrote:

If there was no output, it sounds to me like the initial ramdisk was scrambled somehow.  Who knows for sure though, and I'm glad you've found a way forward and haven't been put off using arch32 too badly yet!

I also suspect that may be the case because I think I remember seeing some errors reported during the post-update when mkinitcpio ran, before I fatally rebooted.

Board footer