You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-13 22:50:36

jonathon
Website

[testing] readline-8.0.0 rebuilds

Looks like the new readline soname version has caught out a number of other packages. The main one which needs a rebuild is `gnupg` (preventing signature checking, so package installation becomes difficult), which also requires a rebuild of `gawk`.

I tricked gawk into rebuilding by making available an unpackaged /usr/lib/libreadline.so.7; it will still link against libreadline.so.8, though.

Once that's done, gnupg should then rebuild against libreadline.so.8.

Last edited by jonathon (2019-01-14 01:57:53)

#2 2019-01-13 23:14:16

levi

Re: [testing] readline-8.0.0 rebuilds

Thanks for reporting this.  To be clear, I assume you're running the testing repositories; readline still seems to be at version 7.0.0 in core.

As I understand, this sort of situation is liable to happen.  The packages have to be built in a predefined order to ensure they all link against the right things, and when building for x86 there'll always likely be things that don't build right the first time round.  Unless you've a way of stopping the process there then resuming the remainder of the build once that has been done, you don't have a complete recompilation of the arch64 packages.  So we rely a little more heavily on the package dependencies, and gnupg doesn't list readline amongst it's dependencies, which is probably fair enough as readline is depended on by bash and other pretty core packages, so you can in normal assume it's likely to be present; the dependencies weren't really designed for this kind of include.

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

#3 2019-01-14 02:05:49

jonathon
Website

Ah, yes - it's [testing]. I just wanted to try and help flag packages which might be stuck or preventing other builds.

Just for reference, as of writing two others I've found during other package builds are `bc` and `libxml2`. `bc` may also prevent builds from completing.

#4 2019-01-14 07:05:20

deep42thought
Administrator

gnupg is rebuilt, but others still need a rebuild (found bc so far) ... I'm working on it

Board footer