You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-16 13:45:28

AVFritze

confusion about network configuration

Hi,
I did a re-installation and installed wicd again because this was the network manager I used before. I stopped all other other network services but don't get the wired connection into proper operation. Normally I have to start dhcpcd manually to get it work but if I suspend the computer the network connection will not be established after resume.
I installed wicd because it offers a GUI and an applet in the task bar. May be you have better experiences with other NMs

What could I check so you could help me out?

BR AVFritze

#2 2019-03-16 18:54:33

levi

Re: confusion about network configuration

In what way is it not functioning properly?  Is it just not coming back after a suspend?  I recently 'upgraded' to a newer isp provided router, and now if I suspend my headless server for a few hours it doesn't come back.  That's running with a static ip configuration not set by dhcp, and if I look at my 'ip a' it reckons the connection is still up, but if I try to ping the router it never comes back.  I need to restart my networking client before it works.

I'm afraid I know nothing of wicd, but I assume it's possible to do similar with that, as long as that's the only trouble your experiencing.

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

#3 2019-03-17 16:56:03

AVFritze

Well I have similar problems with wifi connections, too. All the time the connection is lost. If I click on "Connect" again it could take me 20times or more to get the connection back.
What possibilities do I have to get it stable? It would be nice to have GUI to manage the connections, either wired or wireless.

#4 2019-03-17 20:43:05

levi

I'm afraid I don't know.  For the time being I've resolved to not turn my video server on too early before the download window, so that I don't have to suspend it at all.

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

Board footer