You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-03 07:13:59

arch322yes

[not solved] Old Image - pacman -Syu - problem - pkg.tar.zst - old xz

Hello,

i want to upgdarade my old image.

Image from: 2018-07-11-07

pacman -Syu

Fehler: Konnte Datei /var/cache/pacman/pkg/xf86-video-intel-1:2.99.917+906+g846b53da-1.0-i686.pkg.tar.zst nicht öffnen: Unrecognized archive format
bash: Fehler:: Kommando nicht gefunden.

How can i solved the problem?

Thank's

arch322yes

edit

I will try this:

sudo pacman -S zstd

Löse Abhängigkeiten auf...
Suche nach in Konflikt stehenden Paketen...

Pakete (1) zstd-1.4.4-1.0

Gesamtgröße der installierten Pakete:  3,00 MiB
Größendifferenz der Aktualisierung:  0,68 MiB

This will not solve the problem.

edit2

https://archive.archlinux32.org/packages/l/libarchive/

How can i install a working libarchive?

edit3

wget https://archive.archlinux32.org/packages/l/libarchive/libarchive-3.4.0-3.0-pentium4.pkg.tar.xz
sudo pacman -U libarchive-3.4.0-3.0-i686.pkg.tar.xz

sudo pacman -Sy
pacman: /usr/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by /usr/lib/libarchive.so.13)

This will not work.

https://www.archlinux.org/news/now-usin … mpression/

Last edited by arch322yes (2020-05-03 17:20:48)

#2 2020-05-03 15:47:52

levi

Re: [not solved] Old Image - pacman -Syu - problem - pkg.tar.zst - old xz

God knows; upgrading from a 2018 image to current isn't really a supported operation at this moment.  However, if you're willing to try a few things, you might be in luck.

Looks like you've installed a newer but not latest libarchive, to get up to date with what we had around October last year.  If you want this to work it looks like you'll need to upgrade glibc to a compatible version it seems.  What does '$ pacman -Q glibc' give you?

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

#3 2020-05-03 16:36:34

abaumann
Administrator
Website

I wouldn't fiddle with partial upgrades on a 2008ish system, this will most likely fail.

I would use https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pacman-static/ on a running Arch32
machine, build and install the package there and then copy the static 'pacman-static'
binary to the old machine and try an update with that pacman then (this one knows
about zstd and about modern Arch32 package keys - hopefully).

#4 2020-05-03 16:50:03

arch322yes

Hello abaumann,

did you have more information for me?

I have found with solution:

https://bbs.archlinux.de/viewtopic.php?id=32979

Es gibt übrigens noch eine elegante und sogar offizielle Möglichkeit:
Man installiere sich das Paket asp. Ist noch als xz Archiv aktuell.
$ asp checkout libarchive
Das macht ein Verzeichnis ~/libarchive
In ~/libarchive/trunk/ sind die nötigen Dateien die zum Bauen des Pakets erforderlich sind.
Ein $ makepkg macht eine Fehlermeldung wegen fehlendem Schlüssel.
Mit $ makepkg --skippgpcheck  wird das aktuelle Paket libarchive-3.4.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz neu gebaut.
Das kann man mit # pacman -U *.pkg.tar.xz installieren.
Danach ein # pacman -Sy pacman sorgt für das neueste pacman.
Das komplette update läßt sich jetzt per # pacman -Syu durchführen in denen auch zstd Archive mit dabei sind.
Damit wäre auch ein älteres Arch-Linux wieder hinzukriegen solange asp und pacman selber noch als xz-Archiv zu bekommen sind.

Try 1

sudo pacman -S asp
pacman: /usr/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28' not found (required by /usr/lib/libarchive.so.13)

Should with work with archlinux32?

arch322yes

edit
i will go back to my image 2020-05-02

Last edited by arch322yes (2020-05-03 17:19:51)

#5 2020-05-03 19:07:18

levi

I wasn't aware there was a pacman-static for 32-bit users, so that's cool.  It looks to be an AUR package, so you'll need to clone it and makepkg it.

I can't make too much out of that german board post.  I would try getting and installing abumann's pacman-static and using that to update your system.  It should include all dependencies including the right version of glibc, so should resolve all of your current troubles.  I can't promise you won't hit any more troubles though, but it should at least make pacman work for you.

Also, it's worth remembering to write LC_ALL=C before any instruction you copypasta to these english language boards.   If you want help in German, there is a subboard for that, but outside of those local language boards the linga franca round these parts is English.

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

Board footer