You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-30 15:09:11

Aznörth
Website

libxcrypt / glibc conflicts when upgrade

Hello all,
I'm encountering an error when upgrading libxcrypt on my Pentium4 Arch32 system. I get:

erreur : la validation de la transaction a échoué (conflit de fichiers)

(English (EN) translation: error: transaction validation failed (files conflict) )/code]

libxcrypt : /usr/include/crypt.h est déjà présent dans le système de fichiers (appartenant à glibc)

(EN: <package> : /path/to/file is already present in the filesystem (belonging to glibc) )

libxcrypt : /usr/lib/libcrypt.so est déjà présent dans le système de fichiers (appartenant à glibc)

(EN: same thing)

Des erreurs se sont produites, aucun paquet n’a été mis à jour.

(EN: Errors occurred, no packages were updated.)

When searching for solutions, I found this topic¹ on Arch forums. I suppose that a "--overwrite /path/to/conflicting/file" like I had to do some days ago can solve the problem ?

Have a nice day, and good luck for maintaining Arch32 distro ! (It really helps my computer run fine…)

[1]. https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=258549

Last edited by Aznörth (2020-08-30 15:11:19)

#2 2020-08-30 19:43:44

levi

Re: libxcrypt / glibc conflicts when upgrade

Yes, I believe this is solved in testing the same way it is on arch64.  I got a glibc on the 27th released on the 24th that's ver 2.32-2, and it's not complaining for me.  So a promotion of glibc-2.32-2 to core is okay by me.  Everything's working for me apart from claws-mail which I think is a socket issue (as documented here already), and glibc hasn't fixed that for me.

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

#3 2020-08-31 07:21:04

abaumann
Administrator
Website

I just overwrote the common files with '--overwrite'. Maybe worth an announcement?

#4 2020-08-31 16:59:24

levi

Or just promote glibc from testing before too many other people notice.  I don't think this broke anything for me, although I'm a little in the dark currently what this authentication hoohah's about currently since I seem to have avoided all of that by being up to date according to the testing branch.

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

Board footer