You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-26 06:08:20

bernado

Two versions of chromium

Hi!
Is it possible to install two versions of chromium? I'm asking why I need to use chromedriver and chromedriver stopped supporting the x86 version of linux. The latest version of chromium x86 that works with chromedriver is version 62.
That said, I need to install version 62 or earlier.

#2 2021-05-26 06:19:16

levi

Re: Two versions of chromium

Yes, there are certainly ways to install two packages containing the same filenames, but they all involve a little subterfuge to stop them confllcting.  But first I'd like to understand why you want to do it, and what you expect to achieve by doing so, because it's not quite clear to me from what you wrote.

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

#3 2021-05-26 07:14:14

bernado

Good to know that there are some ways.
Anyway.
I need to run a script and one of the requirements is ChromeDriver and as I said just above, ChromeDriver has stopped supporting linux 32bits. For ChromeDriver to work I need to install some version of the old chromium that supports 32bits.

Please give me some tips on how to install another version of chromium.
thanks!

#4 2021-05-26 16:15:29

levi

RIght but you also want a version of chromium around that doesn't support chromedriver for general use.  Does that make any sense?

If so presumably you want the newer general use chromium to continue to be updated with patches, but you care less about the older version and will update it manually if holes are found.  I would suggest avoiding using pacman to install the old version as modifying your database to install this will generally result in problems.  That does mean that if you need to install different version of libs you'll need to figure that out for yourself though.

Start by grabbing the old version of chromium from https://archive.archlinux32.org/packages/c/chromium/ . I don't see a package for chrome-driver, so presuambly that's part of the main chromium package

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

#5 2021-05-26 17:50:35

abaumann
Administrator
Website

You could just build chromedriver in an old version from the AUR:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/chromedriver/

Board footer