You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-22 08:46:47

spok

[SOLVED] Clean installation sleeps every 30 seconds, regardless of inp

Hi! Just installed arch32 on my 2010 Acer Aspire one, has an intel atom N270 cpu and 1GB of DDR2 memory.
It's running a clean install of arch32 with nothing changed or installed, and for some reason every 30 seconds will enter S3 sleep state.
I can verify that it is S3 because Acer's documentation indicates that the power LED will slowly blink orange in S3, which is what it does.
Pressing any key or button usually wakes it up with no problems, except occasionally it won't resume without me pressing the power button.
I suspect some issue with AC or battery, but this behavior is the same whether or not it's plugged in on AC or the battery is installed. I've tested it with the battery installed, plugged into AC power, and unplugged. I've tested it with the battery removed, plugged into AC power and unplugged. (with this last test the laptop oddly didn't seem to boot at all! ?)
Any idea why this is happening? I also can't use my wifi card because for some reason the adapter gets completely disabled after a suspend of any kind, and won't allow itself to be accessed.
Appreciate any help anyone can give! Thanks!

Last edited by spok (2022-11-22 08:57:25)

#2 2022-11-22 08:57:05

spok

Re: [SOLVED] Clean installation sleeps every 30 seconds, regardless of inp

Fixed! I briefly decided to search S3 sleep and include linux, and it turns out the official arch linux forums solved this in 2014. The issue is that Acer Aspire One laptops have an issue with linux where the system detects the laptop as always being closed, so it constantly goes to sleep. The solution is to edit /etc/systemd/logind.conf and uncomment the line HandleLidSwitch=ignore.
Sorry!

Board footer