You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-08 21:37:53

jetfrog28

libreoffice-fresh depends on multiple versions of icu

Thank you for all that you do to keep this distribution going.  It's much appreciated.

libreoffice-fresh, on an up-to-date system, seems to depend on both version 63 and version 64 of icu:

[100 ~]
$ pacman -Qi libreoffice-fresh | grep Version
Version         : 6.2.0-3.0
[100 ~]
$ pacman -Qi icu | grep Version              
Version         : 64.2-1.0
[100 ~]
$ libreoffice
Warning: failed to read path from javaldx
/usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libicuuc.so.63: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[127 100 ~]
$ sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/icu-63.1-2.1-i686.pkg.tar.xz 
<...>
[100 ~]
$ libreoffice
/usr/lib/libreoffice/program/javaldx: error while loading shared libraries: libicuuc.so.64: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Warning: failed to read path from javaldx
/usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libicuuc.so.64: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It works as expected if you manually copy libicu*.so.63* from the package file to /usr/lib/ while keeping icu-64 installed.

I know the icu update broke things, but this seemed like a different issue from just out-of-sync builds, so I thought it warranted a post.

Edit:
The 'Warning:failed to read path from javaldx' message appears when libreoffice is functioning normally.  If I remember correctly, it's related to a crash fix I applied last year that required disabling some java plugin component of Writer.

Last edited by jetfrog28 (2019-05-08 21:43:14)

Board footer