You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-18 16:38:17

levi

weechat broken

Since my update yesterday, weechat loads but experiences problems in connecting to anything.

On starting it, I get these errors:

|15:33:34     | python: stdout/stderr (notification): Traceback (most recent call last):
         │15:33:34     | python: stdout/stderr (notification):   File "/home/williain/.weechat/python/autoload/notification.py", line 776, in
         │             | <module>
         │15:33:34     | python: stdout/stderr (notification):     plugin = NotificationPlugin()
         │15:33:34     | python: stdout/stderr (notification):   File "/home/williain/.weechat/python/autoload/notification.py", line 674, in
         │             | __init__
         │15:33:34     | python: stdout/stderr (notification):     for option, (value, description) in DEFAULT_SETTINGS.iteritems():
         │15:33:34     | python: stdout/stderr (notification): AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'iteritems'
         │15:33:34 =!= | python: unable to parse file "/home/williain/.weechat/python/autoload/notification.py"

On trying to load the slack plugin script, I get this error:

|15:33:40     | python: loading script "/home/williain/.weechat/python/slack.py"
         │15:33:40     | python: stdout/stderr (?):   File "/home/williain/.weechat/python/slack.py", line 1148
         │15:33:40     | python: stdout/stderr (?):     print "WS ERROR"
         │15:33:40     | python: stdout/stderr (?):                    ^
         │15:33:40     | python: stdout/stderr (?): SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print("WS ERROR")?
         │15:33:40 =!= | python: unable to parse file "/home/williain/.weechat/python/slack.py"

These two look like the code is running python2 scripts in python3 to me.

And on trying to connect to irc I get this:

|15:37:47 =!= | irc: unable to add temporary server "freeenode" because the addition of temporary servers with command /connect is
         │             | currently disabled
         │15:37:47 =!= | irc: if you want to add a standard server, use the command "/server add" (see /help server); if you really want to add a
         │             | temporary server (NOT SAVED), turn on the option irc.look.temporary_servers

...which I guess it it failing to read its own configuration.

PS. While writing this I've managed to work around any issues.  Firstly there was an update to the slack plugin in the /script interface inside weechat which I installed, and that changed the error to a modulenotfounderror.  I fixed that by installing python-websocket-client.  And I removed the notifications plugin since it had never actually popped anything into my system tray.  One of these actions fixed it loading its irc settings, probably the removal of the broken notification plugin did that.

It looks like weechat has migrated to using python3 and not every plugin it uses has made the switch yet.  Probably be sorted soon enough, and to be fair in this context that doesn't seem to have anything actually to do with archlinux, as weechat downloads and manages its own scripts through its own interfaces.

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

Board footer