You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-14 08:21:35

nintenloup

Pacstrap doesn't complete.

Hello, I'm new here and I don't know if this is the perfect place to post this. I've just learned about archlinux32 not that long ago and wanted to give it a try and install it on my Pentium M laptop and when I do pacstrap /mnt base linux, at the 113th package integrety check , it does this to what seems to be a lot of packages and it gives me this error message (mkinitcpio for example) :

error: mkinitcpio: signature from "Erich Eckner (just to sign arch packages) <arch-packages@eckner.net>" is unknown trust
:: File /mnt/var/cache/pacman/pkg/mkinitcpio-29-1.0-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]

I tried a couple of commands, but to no success and I don't really know what to do from here.

Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 2021-01-14 08:31:04

levi

Re: Pacstrap doesn't complete.

Which ISO are you using?  Is it a recent one?

I'm not sure how to update the archlinux32-keyring for a filesystem you've not even set up yet.  Presumabaly it's using the keyring from the local /etc/pacman.d/gnupg folder.  Perhaps doing a 'pacman -Sy archlinux32-keyring' before doing the pacstrap will help, though I'm honestly not completely confident this will help.  My keyring was apparently built on 3rd December.

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

#3 2021-01-14 08:45:31

nintenloup

I am using this ISO : https://32.arlm.tyzoid.com/archisos/arc … 1-i686.iso

Though, I was entering archlinux-keyring instead of archlinux32-keyring, so that may explain why now that command now solve the problem, I'm not used to the 32bit version of the distrib yet.

Thank you for this answer.

#4 2021-02-02 17:04:32

esuhl

Yes -- I've installed Arch32 a few times recently and came across this issue.

From memory I had to do:

# pacman-key --init
# pacman-key --populate archlinux
# pacman-key --populate archlinux32

The "archlinux" key is intended for the main (64-bit) Arch repos, but I think it's required on Arch32 as many packages support "any" architechture, so can be built as either 32-bit or 64-bit.

The "archlinux32" key is for installing 32-bit-specific packages that differ from the 64-bit versions.

Hope that helps. :-)

#5 2021-02-02 19:28:20

deep42thought
Administrator

actually, it's a good question, whether the archlinux keyring is still needed, because we do not copy over the "any" packages, but rebuild them too. However, it might be, that some very old packages are still the original ones from when archlinux still supported 32 bit. But I doubt, that there are many of them.

Board footer