You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-02 07:57:14

blufeb95

Archinstall script default options broken

I've never installed Arch before, and tonight I attempted to install it on an old Compaq Evo N610c I've been playing with, and the archinstall script asks if you want to use swap on zram and suggests yes as the default answer, the only problem is that it goes through the pain of downloading and installing the base system only to cause the script to fail because it cannot install zram-generator which doesn't appear exist in the 32bit repository, so I had to start the install over and make sure to say no to swap on zram.

#2 2022-02-02 08:05:36

levi

Re: Archinstall script default options broken

Yes, this is already mentioned in the news post announcing this iso release that when it asks if you want to use zram you need to say no.

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

#3 2022-02-02 10:08:07

abaumann
Administrator
Website

Re: Archinstall script default options broken

Yes, sorry about that, but zram-generator is written in Rust and Rust is currently somewhat broken.
I plan to adapt the archinstall script locally https://git.archlinux32.org/archinstall32/ for the next ISO.
Some ideas:
- Add an architecture (i686, pentium4) picker (i486 will be a different ISO with less memory consumption, but I have to reactivate that project first)
- Either remove zram-generator or make sure it builds
- Fix the "pick additional packages" bug
- Fix outstanding bugs (thanks to everybody reporting them)

For this ISO I just run out of time. :-)

Board footer