You are not logged in.

#26 2022-06-28 09:01:45

abaumann
Administrator
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Firefox no longer works, will instantly crash

Not only that, I even got the feeling it got faster with 0.99 onwards..
Currently we run out of memory when linking also with the non-gold (old) linker:

336:45.41 /usr/bin/ld.bfd: error: libxul.so(.debug_info) is too large (0x54d74abc bytes)

This makes me extremely (optimistically) happy. ;-)

#27 2022-06-28 23:46:29

levi

I'm not sure it's actually noticeably faster than the previous which from my recollection was version 72, perhaps firefox got slower in the 80s or 90s though. What I do personally notice as I use a lot of tabs to keep track of stuff.  Particularly as I have three tabs pinned to the left of the tab space (this forum, another I read regularly and a radio music programme I often refer to the find out what they've played), on old v72 if I didn't click on the tab to force it to load early enough it would get into a state where it would just show a blank page with nothing in the address bar (but thankfully the duplicate tab menu item recovered it into a new tab, which I then had to pin and unpin the blank page and finally close that, a bit of a faff in all.  Now, firefox 100 still seems to only load a couple of tabs by default first thing, but it queues up the rest and after a little while they're all loaded.

Architecture: pentium4, Testing repos: Yes, Hardware: EeePC 901+2GB RAM+OS half on the SD card.

#28 2022-06-29 04:43:12

gameslayer

Ahh ok I see and yes defiantly

Board footer